E-3 Information :

To qualify for E-3 classification, an alien must, among other things, be an Australian national / citizen who is seeking employment in a specialty occupation requiring possession of a bachelor’s degree or higher (or its equivalent), and possess the appropriate degree (or its equivalent) in the field in which the alien wishes to work. E-3 nonimmigrant status is initially granted for a period of no more than two years. Extensions of stay may be granted indefinitely in increments not to exceed two years.

An alien seeking to be admitted in E-3 nonimmigrant classification at a U.S. Port-of-Entry must possess a valid E-3 visa issued by the U.S. Department of State.

Aliens already in the United States may request a change of status to E-3 or extend their E-3 status by filing a Form I- 129 (Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker) directly with the USCIS. In addition to the Form I-129, applicants must include the following documentation:

  • • Proof of Australian nationality,
  • • A letter from the prospective U.S. employer describing the alien’s occupation, the alien’s anticipated length of stay, and salary/remuneration arrangements,
  • • Evidence that the alien meets the educational requirements for the position to be filled (a bachelor’s degree or higher or its equivalent in the specific specialty occupation),
  • • Evidence that the alien meets any licensing or other occupational requirements, and
  • • Evidence that the prospective U.S. employer has filed with the Department of Labor a labor condition application (LCA) specifically designated for E-3 Specialty Occupations.